Monday, November 5, 2012

All is Calm



There is no way anyone gets through the song Silent Night without crying, right? This is not my pregnancy hormones. I’ve never been able to handle it. Sarah McLachlan sounds like an angel for sure. I love her version.

I was sitting at work reviewing an agreement that I’m completely stuck on and not sure how to “win” for my team when this song came on. Christmas music helps keep everything in perspective for me. I just love it.

We had four showers this weekend. Four! I want to post about each one separately because they were each so incredibly wonderful. I think it’s a combination of this weekend with friends and family, a great doctor’s appointment that we learned our little daughter is still doing great, and this Christmas music that gets to me. How on earth has anyone made it through life without God and friends and family like mine? I feel so blessed that sometimes all I can do is sit and thank God for these people that he has hand-selected to be in our lives.

So think about hugely pregnant me sitting with all of this joy overflowing my heart and listening to  “radiant beams from Thy holy face with the dawn of redeeming grace, Jesus Lord at Thy birth” and tell me I shouldn’t cry. Yeah right.

At our appointment today my blood pressure was low but the doctor said this is nothing to worry about, just to watch. And her heartrate was high again, but the doctor reassured us that this is still fine as long as the baseline rate is okay. So I'm just trusting the doctor to tell me if there's anything to watch for. I have gained another pound (27 overall) and am still measuring right. She predicted today that if I go to full term this little girl will be an 8 pound baby! Oh my goodness. I can't wait to hold that little chunk of a baby girl :) Everything is perfect and I go back in two weeks to begin getting checked to see if she's progressed. Then from there on out it's every week until she's here! I made my final three appointments. How crazy is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment