Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Acts 23:5

I love on Facebook how everyone right now is saying one thing they are thankful for each day. I might start even though I'm 6 days behind. If I was playing this game, today I would say I am thankful that I get to vote. Do we as Americans forget what a privilege this is?

I have seen on Pinterest and other places a corny little saying (and I'm only saying corny because I love it and I'm definitely corny myself) that goes something like "No matter who is president, Jesus is King." It's so true and so easy to lose sight of during all of these crazy campaign times.

I have seen an ugly side of myself and people close to me when it comes to politics. Last night in our small group we read a few chapters from Acts. And how appropriate that after a quick and dirty argument over who some people were or were not voting for today, we ran across Paul saying..."I'm sorry, brothers. I didn't realize he was the high priest," Paul replied, "for the Scriptures say, 'You must not speak evil of any of your rulers.'"

I'm praying for all of our leaders and our country, and I'm going to pray in gratitude that I get to vote and look forward to the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment