I know I haven't been posting much, but I have been way too busy lately. In fact, I might be taking a sabbatical from blogging...but more on that later.
This past month has been so crazy! I went back to work when Annabelle was 7 weeks old. I could only do that and leave her because my best friend is her babysitter! And I know that if there's anyone that can come close to loving her like I do, it's her.
Annabelle has been doing so great at her daycare. She sleeps and eats right on schedule! And I get a picture of the day update of her smiling and wiggling around - her two favorite things.
Things I want to remember:
- Annabelle eats every 3 hours almost on the dot. Sometimes we have to wake her up, but she's always excited to eat when we do.
- She started sleeping in her own room and crib at five weeks old, and after a few nights she was sleeping so wonderfully! We feed her a bottle for the last feeding and she eats on and off from about 8:30 to 9:30 or 10. She usually eats anywhere from 6-8 ounces in that time. Then we snuggle her, say her prayers, and lay her down. And most nights....wait for it....she sleeps around 6-8 hours! I know! The first night she did this was actually my first day of work. It has been such a blessing to me that I get sleep at night so that I can function at work and then still have energy to play with her all night. She is so completely precious and cuddly at night.
- She still loves to eat and is very fast. She takes a bottle in just five minutes. And she nurses for only 6-8 minutes. She loves to eat, just like her momma.
- She stays awake now for about 45-55 minutes. She loves to lay flat and look up at something - like on a playmat. Or she loves to be propped up on her boppy or on our legs and just smile and talk. She is so vocal!
- One of my very favorite things is getting her awake from her nap. When you walk in her room to get her she gives the biggest smiles and starts to wiggle all over. She even has reached for us a few times - I don't know if this is on purpose, but we pretend it is.
- She doesn't cry much at all - sometimes in the middle of a nap she might cry a little, but she's not really awake or goes right back to sleep. I worry when she does cry because she has never been a fussy baby.
- Her two month appointment is on the 15th and I can't wait to see how much she weighs and how tall she is!