Friday, November 23, 2012

38 Weeks Already!

How far along? 38 Weeks. This past Tuesday we had a doctor’s appointment and guess what…I’m 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. My doctor said this is wonderful at this stage to be progressing like that and would maybe help with not having to be induced and instead go on my own! She seemed excited so I’m going to be also. She said she really, really wanted me to get to 39 weeks. That made me think maybe she’s thinking I will go earlier than my due date since she kept saying that. Either way, it’s so encouraging to know I’m progressing and soon we will be meeting our little girl!
Maternity clothes? Oh yes. I’m starting to get very uncomfortable and I wish I could wear David’s tshirts and my leggings or yoga pants all day every day. Since that’s not a possibility (darn my work’s dress code J ), I try to change as soon as I’m home for the night. 
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all” I plead the fifth.
Best moment this week: Thanksgiving!! We spent the whole day with family! It was so wonderful and relaxing. I tried to soak in every second since it will be our last as just a couple. It was a wonderful day!
Miss Anything? No. I’m just getting so anxious to hold her!
Movement: Yes. She is making it known that she’s getting cramped in there. I just keep telling her that she can come out at any time – she doesn’t have to stay crammed up in there in a little ball. The doctor let us feel where her back was and where her knee or heel was. Her head is down. My stomach is so lopsided. On my left is all smooth – that’s where her back and bottom can be felt, and then my right side is all bony and lumpy.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing really. I still gag a few times a day, and my heartburn is getting worse. But I haven’t gotten sick.
Labor Signs: I didn’t think so, but the doctor told me those contractions I’ve been having are wonderful and they are helping move things along. A few times they’ve been pretty strong, but nothing consistent.
Mood: Anxious and excited! I know I could have three more weeks still, but I really feel like it’s going to be any day now. I wonder each night when I go to bed if tomorrow will be the day
J We are just so overjoyed and giddy.
Looking forward to: Decorating for Christmas and finishing my Christmas shopping. Once I do go into labor, I want to know our house is ready for her to come home to and that my shopping is done so that we can relax for Christmas.

Other updates from the doctor:
I’ve gained 28 pounds overall.
My blood pressure is still low, but they aren’t worried at all.
Her heartrate is still high (180s this week), but it drops down to the 160s and doesn’t stick in the 80s or 90s so they are still saying that’s okay.
I’m measuring right at 27 weeks – I was 27 ½ at the appointment.




No comments:

Post a Comment