Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Today I spent most of my day reading contracts to decide whether or not we have the ability to use centralized billing the way we want to use it for our acquired clinics. We are trying to figure out if there is a way to extract an 837 file before it hits the clearinghouse. We are also trying to figure out if the claims editing process we purchased includes an important scrubbing piece that some consider an "add on," but we consider completely crucial....

....Okay, just kidding. I know that's not what you want to hear. I am also reading Harry Potter year 5: the Order of the Phoenix. I am half way through it. I know I keep saying this, but I love this one more than the last AND this book is better than the movie even though the movie was amazing. And now, for the last two books in this series, you can assume those two comments go without saying.

One line that stuck out to me in this book, in reference to You Know Who, said, "His gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust."

It reminds me of a few things. First, of course, how the devil is strongest in hurting people when he can separate them from their friends and families. I keep reliving some situations in my life where I could tell for some reason someone was drifting away from me and then later found out they were hurting and needed friends. Maybe they were making bad decisions that they knew their friends wouldn't let them continue making.

It also made me think of work, or any group situation, when the easiest way to get distracted and do things that aren't helpful is when you aren't working as a team. When I find myself caught up in gossip or secluding others, I am least productive and furthest from accomplishing what I've set out to do that day. I think it's something we have to commit to working on each day.

Okay. So now I get to read for a little bit before my sand volleyball game! We thought it was going to storm tonight and instead it looks beautiful. Beautiful for my team to win again this week that is!

Oh, and head on over to Love It All's blog if you are interested in her engagement story I spilled the beans on a few days ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment