Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Not Skinny Tuesday

I wish there was a carnival today in St Joe the way there are often carnivals to celebrate Fat Tuesday.
I know there was a parade downtown last Saturday because we went to dinner at an Italian restaurant that shall remain nameless since the only press I would give it was not good. Not good at all. But other than that, I don’t know that there is a lot of celebrating going on in our area. And I’m not so sure that those people who are celebrating know why they are doing so. I’m not sure that anyone gorging on sweets and fats and alcohol will be fasting starting tomorrow. But maybe they will. Either way, I just wanted to tell you all what I’m celebrating today.
It’s my Birthday Eve! That’s right – tomorrow I am 25. And as an almost 25 year old, I can tell you that life is wonderful and I feel so blessed and so excited for each year. I always love my Birthday, but last year had to be the absolute best birthday ever.
Last year my Birthday was on  a Tuesday. This is great for so many reasons. Last year was also the year that I dubbed Tuesdays the best day of the week, along with my friends Jenna, Ty, Blake, and Laura. We decided that instead of hating Tuesdays because they weren’t Mondays when you can openly complain at work about it being another Monday, and they aren’t toward the end of the week and heck, they aren’t even mid-week, that we would love them. So we got together every Tuesday night to celebrate absolutely nothing.  Tuesday was also the day that Cerner served the best taco salad you will ever have in your entire life. Every Tuesday, to this day, I daydream about driving the hour drive just for lunch. It’s so wonderful. On top of that, last year, my 24th Birthday my David proposed.
I rushed home after work to have a glass of wine with Abby and David and found David slaving away in the kitchen. He made salmon and bought cheesecakes from the Cheesecake Factory. It was the most romantic and special Birthday I had ever had. And then, to top it off, he asked me to share his life with him forever.
And that’s when I realized that all this time, all the celebrating and best days I had had, were nothing compared to this. I have had a wonderful life, but I had no idea how wonderful it really could and would be. And now, sitting here on my 25th Birthday Eve, on Fat Tuesday, I can’t believe that I ever lived one day without him.
And so, I am not giving anything up for lent, I will do some fasting that I will not share with you here, and I will cherish each day by focusing on thanking God for these past 25 years, and thanking God that until last year on my Birthday, I had no idea what he had in store for me or how amazing it would be. So this year during Lent, among giving up things, fasting, I will be thanking God for my marriage and for my perfect partner, my husband, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment