Thursday, January 19, 2012

Decisions

“After comprehensive contract negotiations, Missouri Health Connection (MHC) and Cerner Corporation (Cerner) are ending our talks, and Cerner will not serve as the technical service provider for Missouri’s statewide health information network. Both MHC and Cerner worked diligently to come to an agreement, but a deal could not be reached. MHC is moving forward immediately with alternative plans to connect all of Missouri’s health care providers and allow for the secure exchange of clinical data in order to improve patient care and public health for all Missourians...” 

Maybe this means nothing to you, but what it means to me is that had I not made this scary move to my new position, had I let myself stay put and comfortable, today, after lunch, I would have found myself jobless.

What this means to me when my what-would-have-been boss comes over and tells me that the contract was not executed is that I somehow, through my fears, made the right decision.

I have found myself saying a lot lately how you have to pray and pray and then after that, you have to listen to what God is telling you. Even if it doesn't seem to make sense. And I did. And I'm going to keep doing just that.

1 comment:

  1. So thankful that you made the scary, but correct decision!

    ReplyDelete