Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Believing The Plan

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

You aren't going to believe this, but I got the job! I had been applying and preparing for a job that I wasn't certain I would be taken seriously as an applicant for. I know in my heart I can do it, and I am passionate about it, but I wasn't sure everyone here would be able to see this since I've been here such a short amount of time (not even a year). Well, it all worked out and I received an offer last night that I plan on accepting today. I am very excited.

But at the same time I am anxious and upset for two of my coworkers who were given the opposite news. Monday, after I wrote that post about my child-like excitement, my mentor and friend called me to her desk to tell me that her morning didn't go the same direction that mine would go here. She was given her HR papers and my other coworker would likely be given the same. I was devastated. I know it's weird since we have known for a while that this would happen...two jobs, four people...but it hit us all Monday. And that excitement I had felt was real, I found out I would have a job offer, but the disappointment for my friends was overwhelming.

Last night I got the offer and still couldn't get past the feeling of worry for my friends. David helped me through it and celebrated the blessing we had just received. And that's when it hit me. How conceded was I in thinking that God had a plan for me but forgetting he also had a plan for my friends? I always find hope and peace when thinking of this Bible verse for myself, why was I not applying it to my friends? Did I think God had any less of a plan of prosperity for their future? So I am going to be peaceful for my friends today, knowing that God has a wonderful plan for their future. And I'm going to be excited for my future, and work hard knowing that it is all part of the Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment