Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cookie or Cupcake?

We had a great weekend and it's still going, but I wanted to take a second and show you this amazing new recipe from, once again, my friend that won't blog. I'm still working on her though.


My friend found the recipe in Iowa Farmer Today, June 2011. I know what you are thinking...seriously, she should blog. I didn't know that farming magazines had recipes, but come to find out, they are one of the best things in these magazines. You will understand after you try this recipe.

Sandwich Cookies

2, 181/4-oz. pkgs. cake mix (I used Devil's Food this time)
4 eggs
2/3 C. vegetable oil


In a mixing bowl, blend cake mixes, eggs and oil. Batter will be stiff. Form dough into 1-inch balls with a melon baller or cookies scoop and place on greased cookie sheet. (I used the cookie scoop and it was incredibly easy. Don't tell my friend but I just bought a cheapy one from Wal Mart to try it out.)


This recipe made 21 sandwiches (42 cookies)

Bake 8-9 minutes at 350 degrees.  Cool before filling. (Yes, do this. I made a sample for David without letting it cool first and it was a mess, but very delicious he says.)




To make sandwiches, spread choice of filling between cookies or use the melon baller again to drop filling onto cookie and press together to push filling to the edge. (I used the cookie scoop again and it was the perfect amount of icing.)



Here are some wonderful looking Icing recipes, however, I cheated and used store bought vanilla and it was amazing. Next time I'm excited to try strawberry cake with the cream cheese filling.

Cream cheese filling:
1, 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
½ C. butter, softened
4-4½ C. powdered sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract or extract of choice
food coloring to tint, if desired
Cream all ingredients together.

Basic vanilla filling:
½ C. butter, softened
3 T. milk
4 C. powdered sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extra or extract of choice
food coloring to tint if desired
Cream all ingredients together.

Chocolate filling;
4 T. butter, softened
3 T. milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ C. cocoa
1-2½ C. powdered sugar
Cream all ingredients together.


Peanut butter filling:
2 C. powdered sugar
1 C. creamy peanut butter
½ C. butter, softened
4 T. milk
Cream all ingredients together.


Marshmallow filling:
½ C. butter, softened
1, 7-oz. jar marshmallow crème
2 C. powdered sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Cream all ingredients together.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment