Monday, August 18, 2014

Reshared


My original post was all typed out when I read through this blog post and changed my mind. My original post was about the amazing Lilly Pulitzer sale going on now – and I’m not saying you shouldn’t stop by and browse for some Christmas gifts, I’m just saying, I found this one more interesting.

 

There is a blog post going around that quickly made me tear up in a good way. Especially when I found it by browsing my husband’s Facebook page. (I don’t have Facebook but every once in a while I get on his to see what I’m missing out on – which is usually nothing.) My sweet husband rarely posts, so when I saw that he shared something I knew it must be good.

 

This great man lives this article, let me tell you. I’ve never met a man more full of joy and more content and excited about his family than this man. And I’m the lucky one to spend each day with him. I fell a little bit more in love with him when I saw what he took the time to share on his page.

 

Read this post instead of mine if you get a chance today:http://momastery.com/blog/2014/08/11/give-liberty-give-debt/

 

My favorite line is her closing: Today I shall keep my perspectacles super-glued to my face and feel insanely GRATEFUL instead of LACKING and I will look at my home and my people and my body and say: THANK YOU. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. THIS IS ALL MORE THAN GOOD ENOUGH, ALL OF IT. Now. Let us turn our focus onward and outward.  There is WORK TO BE DONE and JOY TO BE HAD.

 

Thank you for sharing, Momastery. Here's some of my joy to share from this weekend:


Annabelle dancing in the rain:


Annabelle being comforted by her amazing dad (on our probably dated kitchen counter) because of a skinned knee - aka "howie"

Cousin time, cousin time, and more cousin time:

Have a joyful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment