Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Reading

At my sister’s this past weekend I begged her for a good book suggestion. She didn’t have one. We both admitted we haven’t read a really great book for quite a while. The last few I’ve read I have been just okay with. Reading is a commitment to me these days. I feel like I don’t have any time. 


Or, I guess I have time, but I fall asleep. It takes months for me to get through a book that would have taken me a week or so. This pregnancy has been so wonderful, but  gosh, I am so very tired. Annabelle goes to sleep between 7 and 7:30. I have this wonderful to-do list of odd jobs I need to get done. I do a very organized thing and even label it at the beginning of the week so I know what I should do eachnight. Monday – clean out my car, wash Annabelle’s bath. Tuesday – Clean out garage, clean downstairs toilet. Etc. Ask me how many things I’ve checked off the list….It’s sad. I am completely exhausted, but I am hopeful that now at 15 weeks my energy should start coming back.

 

Anyway, a few weekends ago Sister #4 had a garage sale to raise funds for a mission trip she will soon be on. She was selling books! Something I never do. So of course I bought the entire box. These books range from some childhood kids books to chapter books she has recently read. One of my favorite finds was the Anne of Green Gables series. I have to admit, I have never read these books! I don’t know how. But I am excited to start.



I was a little less excited when I saw the age group this series is intended for, but hey, I figure maybe I am at a 10 year old reading level these days anyway. I sure have a ten year old girls bedtime.



1 comment:

  1. Haha! That book brings back so many good memories! Remover how exciting library day was at Coleman!

    ReplyDelete