Monday, June 16, 2014

13 Weeks

I am excited to get back into blogging and recording little details about this pregnancy. I have had so much fun already looking back at my pregnancy with Annabelle.

I recorded a lot in a journal for her, but this blog is a quick and easy way for me to look details up by date. I know I will appreciate it for this pregnancy too someday. So here it goes. Now is the time you might want to stop following me if you are not interested in all this baby/pregnancy stuff. No hard feelings, I promise.

We had our 12 week appointment a little bit late - On Tuesday June 10th (I was 12 weeks on Thursday the 5th). So far, we've had two appointments. At 8 weeks we were able to see the baby on a sonogram. I couldn't get over it. We were giddy. And in true David fashion, he got too excited and accidentally bumped the doctor's arm and she had to work to find the tiny baby again. He is just always so beyond excited and it's so sweet to me. 

At almost 13 weeks we heard the heartbeat of this precious one. The heart rate is in the upper 160s. I don't know if any old wives' tales are relevant yet (I guess they aren't ever truly relevant, but you know what I mean). I think that's an average rate when they are this small.

I have been pretty sick with this baby, but not actually vomitting as much as I did with Annabelle. I was sick with her all day every day and with this baby, it's maybe just a few times a day.

I have been eating horribly! I mean absolutely embarrassing. All I want is pizza, cheddar bites, chocolate milk, nachos, etc. It is so funny to me that I am so unhealthy with my food cravings when I'm pregnant, because if you know me, you know otherwise I eat pretty healthy. I was also craving fish tacos like a mad woman there for a while, which was perfect because we had a beach trip and I had my fill.

I am so excited to keep updating and sharing details. Wish me luck and please say a prayer for this tiny little baby.

Sorry about the horrible picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment