Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin!

I would probably claim that I haven't had a ton of pregnancy cravings. In fact, I haven't felt that hungry or had that huge of an appetite for a majority of this pregnancy. Now that I do, I feel like I get really uncomfortably full very quickly. There are a couple of things I can't seem to get enough of though. For instance, I love cereal so much and have for weeks. I especially love Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Golden Grahams, but this week I'm obsessed with Special K Fruit and Yogurt. Also, during these past 7 months, through getting sick and not, David has woken up to make me an egg and cheese bagel for breakfast. I know I've already bragged about him, but this is something that is totally worth bragging about. He totally puts in a secret ingredient of love into each one of these. They are amazing. And really other than that, I haven't craved too many things.

Until now...

It's Fall, and I guess it's just in time because I absolutely cannot stop eating pumpkin any and everything.

A few years ago I used to eat these Healthy Choice Meals, pumpkin squash ravioli. I had the stomach flu this past weekend (seriously, being pregnant with the stomach flu might be on my list of least favorite things ever!) so my sweet husband did all the chores, including grocery shopping. And he found this for me! I am completely re-obsessed with this meal. I want it for lunch every single day.

Image of Pumpkin Squash Ravioli

And of course I'm still completely obsessed with the pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks. How could I not be? I don't even mind that I have to skip the whipped cream and make it a decaf. It's so heavenly. In fact I tried to switch it up and try something else this weekend, the salted caramel mocha, and it was a huge mistake. As a pregnant gal, I should have known to just stick with what I know. And I know I love this drink!



My last pumpkin obsession of this Fall are these pumpkin, chocolate chip muffins. My friend Tracy made this and sent three home to me since I was sick. I have been trying to eat just a half a day to make them last longer. They are so yummy! I can't wait to get the recipe from her.


No comments:

Post a Comment