Sunday, September 2, 2012

A 24 Hour Road Trip

I've been dying to spend some time with my BFF, but we have both been so busy and she lives about 4 hours away. This weekend I only had from Friday after work until Saturday afternoon, but I wanted to go for a visit anyway.

Okay, I have to confess that I am a complete scaredy cat when it comes to driving on the highway in the dark. And don't even get me started if it's raining or snowing. Friday morning David told me to take my time on my trip because it was supposed to rain. My husband, if I haven't mentioned it before, is absolutely amazing. When I got out of the shower he told me that him and his friend had decided that he shouldn't golf in the tournament the next day, and instead that he should go to St. Louis with me (Thank you Brady, for being so understanding). How sweet is that!

We left right after work and drove through the worst storm I have been through in the car! We were actually BOTH a little scared. We took our time and stopped for some dinner at one point to try to let some pass. I have never been so thankful to have not been the one driving. I was so relieved when we finally got there, and so extremely happy to have my wonderful husband with me to enjoy the weekend and see my best friend.

We had such a great time in the 20 hours we spent there. I think that David went for me, but mostly to see his BFF...little miss Neely Anne. They are so funny. You might remember Neely being obsessed with David when she was only a few months old, and even though we only see her every couple of months, you can still tell how much they love each other.



I was definitely in need of some time with Emily. We have been best friends since 4th grade. She completely understands me. We have an inseparable bond even having to go months without seeing each other. It was good for my soul to see her, her kind husband, and her adorable daughter.

We took a picture like this from one of my wedding showers when Emily was about 26 weeks along. We tried to re-create it here!


After our (way-too-quick) visit, we drove home, again in the rain! It made the four hour drive much longer both ways. Imagine our relief when finally we saw St. Joe miles and miles ahead. And look at the beautiful light shining above it. You know how much I love my town. Home Sweet Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment