Sunday, July 15, 2012

One of the Very Best Weekends

This was one of my very favorite weekends ever. We had a plan this weekend to get our kitchen tiled and our friends' bathroom and bar area tiled. Little did we (the three tile boys) know, that tiling takes a lot longer than you might think. A whole lot. Luckily, we are all best friends and had a blast of a weekend even if we didn't get quite as much done as we planned. What we did get accomplished was hours and hours of hanging out, cooking, tiling, laughing, and feeling like an episode of Friends. We spent from Friday after work until this morning together and I couldn't be happier (well I could, only if even more of our best friends were there too!).

Our friends' bathroom and bar area look absolutely amazing and are complete except the grout, 16 freezer meals (I went home with 8!) are complete and ready to get my husband through a couple of months since I despise cooking after work, and we are all completely exhausted but filled to the brim with energy from being together and talking and resetting.

Friday night we all met at Chick-Fil-A while the boys ordered pizza and got started. And from there on out we relaxed and cooked and ran errands and talked, talked, talked. I didn't get any laundry done, my kitchen floor is a little torn up and will be for another week, I ate too much ice cream, and I didn't get much of anything accomplished around my house. However, I feel like this weekend is one I will remember for a very long time. Thanks to our dear friends for hosting us all weekend. We can't wait to do it all over again when it's time to start our kitchen.

And if anyone starts to say that maybe we don't need to tile our kitchen, maybe it's too much work...take a peak at what I'm dealing with day in and day out....



Yes, we need to tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment