Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Redeployment…ever been there?

Although I have known this was coming for weeks now, I received official proof and confirmation that my position here at work no longer exists. It’s been a very weird day for me. I knew that this was a huge possibility, and almost a certainty, and for some reason, until it was officially announced and I had to begin drafting emails to the people I have met through this did it really hit me.
It doesn’t help that I didn’t get much sleep last night, but I have been very emotional about this and about the idea of leaving my team. I love my company and everyone has been amazing! Seriously, I am so blessed to have met these people. I have no doubts about finding an amazing position within the company, but it’s just time to take a minute and mourn the termination of our contract.
I have grown so much in these past eight months. I have been given opportunities I would have never even thought to hope for, and I have done things I wouldn’t have been able to tell you with a straight face I was capable of doing. I feel so blessed by the experiences and I can’t wait to see what will come next.
I felt like I needed to share this with you because I’ve been dancing around it for weeks. But here’s the thing, I have been anxious and worried about it all, but more than that, I have been excited. I have an amazing group of leaders looking out for me, an amazing group of friends praying for me, amazing family members in my cheering section, and an amazing husband who loves me no matter what my career is.
So if anyone else out there is going through or has gone through this, I understand the worry and excitement that comes with it, and I hope that maybe you can make sure the excitement part wins. Someone once told me, I think before my first demo, that chemically our anxious feelings are the same as our excited feelings. So if we can just understand that maybe we aren’t so anxious, that maybe we are excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment