Thursday, June 16, 2011

Galatians 6:9

Today I had the opportunity to sit in a room with a community of excellent women. Today was the YWCA’s Women of Excellence lunch. There were 1,023 attendees – a record! This was my first time attending this lunch, and I just looked around, wide eyed, admiring the wonderful women that I aspire to be more like. I loved hearing from the 93 year old Cool Crest owner. If you are from St. Joe you understand how touching it was to hear her speak, and if you aren’t from here, you should check out this adorable miniature golf course that all of us grew up with. With each winner recognized, I was more and more impressed with our wonderful community.
As I sat looking around, admiring all of the wonderful women in our community, I could not not notice how many more wonderful, inspiring, excellent women that I knew that were not even there today. Not one of my amazing sisters, nor my brilliant mom, not my beautiful best friends, and not my encouraging team lead. I was filled with joy thinking about being a part of this community and thinking of all the wonderful leaders I know.
Another excellent woman I know puts bible verses on her Facebook page each morning to start the day. I love reading them. Today’s verse was Galatians 6:9.
“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.”
I feel so blessed to have spent a day thinking about doing good and the people that are out there practicing this idea. Have a Happy Thursday. (And if you nothing to do, I hope to see you at Parties on the Parkway or the Mustangs game tonight!).

No comments:

Post a Comment