Thursday, June 30, 2011

House Projects...Again

It’s time to start making little updates on our house. I got in a great streak there for a bit and got all the curtain rods, curtains, and lamps updated. And then I even went on to paint the spare room. Now it’s time to get back at it.

In the next few weeks I want to paint our bedroom, and maybe get David’s office in working order. But one detail that I think will be a fun and quick update is replacing the knobs in our kitchen. After this, if my husband is up for it, I want to replace the floor in there too, but one step at a time.

I absolutely love Anthropologie and Restoration Hardware for knobs. However, we have 28 to buy. I don’t think my husband is going to go for $10-$15 per knob for this house. So instead I am having fun picking out potentials and then finding comparable (read “reasonable” instead of Are you out of your mind??) knobs at places like Lowe’s.

Right now our kitchen has a white, laminate floor and light cabinets and white knobs with little blue flowers on them (don’t gag, I think they were in style at some point, maybe). I’m thinking that some dark brown or bronze knobs would be a quick little way to update the kitchen since we aren’t thinking about replacing the cabinets (which I would love to do) or the floor right now.

Here are some that I love:
Restoration Hardware: $10 each versus....

Lowe's: $4 each.

And I also really like the ones with some design:

Okay I'm a little obsessed with these Restoration Hardware ones for $9 each. But I really do love the Lowe's version I found too...

How cute are these? And are you ready.....these are about $3 each! These might be winners to me!

So I will take some before and after pictures and let ya know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment