Friday, June 17, 2011

Kimi Girl!

I have this frame at home that says, “Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.”
I had nine bridesmaids in my wedding. I have four sisters counting my beautiful sister-in-law and five friends that feel like sisters. I can’t tell you how these nine "sisters" have affected my life in the most positive of ways. They keep me honest, they call me out when I’m making bad choices, they support me when I make decisions they wouldn’t have recommended, they are there for me when work is not the best, they love David, they crack me up, they are the most fun of anyone, and they are up for anything. And we have been friends through the most random of life’s stages. How very blessed am I?
One of these women, my Kimi Girl, has to be one of my soul mates (yes, I have quite a few). This beautiful woman is one of the strongest women I know. Here’s a quick recap of the last couple of months: the day after my wedding, in which KG was a seven month pregnant bridesmaid, she moved with her husband to Alabama – she did this alone because he had to leave earlier and she wouldn’t miss my wedding....


.....and then she settled in her home, prepared baby L’s room, and had one of the longest births of any woman (I will let her share her story, it's not mine to tell). And then, her husband had to leave her alone with their beautiful two day old baby for three weeks because of seer school. Can you imagine? Yep, this is the sort of thing KG does. She makes it work. And needless to say, I miss her more than anything.


Me with Kimi's first daughter, Ebony Boo




Anyway, I know I lose track of where I’m going with things, but this is all to tell you that KG, her sweet husband, and their tiny baby L are here to visit!!! So tonight we are all getting together and celebrating how much we love these people. We have so much to catch up on and so much to talk about. I have to absorb as much of sweet KG while I can! I could not be more excited!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday with the people you love the most! I hope this is one of the weekends that you spend with the people who leave footprints on your heart.



Kimi Girl and me trying to teach ourselves to rollerblade (in my sister's house, sorry Sister #1).

No comments:

Post a Comment