Monday, September 22, 2014

Fall Already

You all know that Fall is my very favorite season. Today is the last official day of summer, and it has been a beautiful one! But I can’t wait to get all my Fall things started. To be honest, I’ve started Fall already in our house. Decorated with my favorite owl napkin rings and orange napkins, replaced all my summer colored flowers with Fall ones, popped pumpkin scentsys in the holders and lit pumpkin candles, and even had my first pumpkin latte. I’ve set the mood, now I’m ready to get started on our fun to do list.

 

Since Belle is an outside girl, I can’t wait to experience a beautiful, Midwest Fall with her again this year.



Here’s what we have planned so far:

 

·         Visit the apple orchard as often as possible – we’ve already been once and she loved it!

·         Go on a hayride at the pumpkin patch

·         Let her pick out a pumpkin and color or paint it

·         Have tons of fire pit nights in our backyard – but at least one or two that she gets to be involved in

·         Roast her first s’mores on the fire pit

·         Go for a nature walk to let her collect leaves for a craft

·         Say hi to the spiders every morning – yep, seriously. She is obsessed with “Biders” and blows kisses to them. We had to teach her not to touch by telling her they bite. Now she rambles “Piders. Bite. No, no, no!”

·         Read all of her Fall books we’ve been collecting

·         Rake leaves and let her jump in them

·         Have her help me make pumpkin waffles, bread, or treats

 



These are just some of the things I have in mind for the next few weeks. Hopefully we can squeeze everything in before it gets too cold!

 

Happy First Day of Fall Eve! And incidentally, I start my third trimester tomorrow too! Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment