Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Blink of a Weekend

Is it really Tuesday already? I had a wonderful weekend, but it had to be the quickest one ever. Friday night I left work and met my wonderful husband and his brother for pancakes. Yep, we ate pancakes for dinner. Maybe this is a St. Joe thing, but the Lions Club in town puts on a huge pancake breakfast/lunch/dinner benefit and it's always so fun.

Saturday morning I woke up like it was Christmas morning. That's because I knew I would get to jump in the car and drive to see one of my best friends in the world. My BFF (yep, just used that) from fourth grade lives about 4 1/2 hours away. You might think that's not all that far, but it is - it's just far enough that we don't get to see each other much at all. This past week her perfect daughter turned 1 year old. So I started the first of an annual tradition that we will spend our Birthdays together.

Can you believe this angel? Her favorite foods include green beans and sweet potatoes. Must be a born-in-early-March thing.


I got there early afternoon and you would never know it had been 8 months since the last time I saw my dear friend. We made lunch, played with sweet Neely, drank tea, and talked and talked, and talked some more until it was time to get a few hours of sleep before I had to leave.

I woke up early in a rush to get home because Miss Baby K, Brady and Marissa's angel was getting welcomed to the church. On my way home, I was listening to Andrew Peterson sing "Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, The light of the dawn is upon you. Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, He makes all things new...." and thinking about how very happy I was to see all of my friends so happy and I drove straight into this....Are you starting to think my life is all cupcakes and puppies and sweet babies....


..rainbows?

Don't tell Baby K that I rushed home 4 and a half hours to get to church by 10:45 to see her dedicated and that somehow I missed it! I can't believe it. I go to a church that says the start time is 10:30ish and I still missed it! The one week they decide to start on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment