Sunday, April 24, 2011

John 3:16

My adorable husband and I had the very best weekend. We woke up and cleaned our house on Saturday morning. Every time we clean and organize I am more thankful for our home. I feel so blessed.

I also made cupcakes for a friend at work's daughter. She turns fifteen this week, and she is the sweetest Freshman girl in the world. I'm trying to learn how to use my cake decorating tools.



Saturday night Strasser Girl #2 and Shane were coming to stay with us, and since it was my dad's 59th Birthday, we invited my parents over for hamburgers on the grill. We had a great night hanging out with them. Then the Strasser Girl #2 and I lost in Scrabble to our boys. It wasn't the proudest moment for the Strasser Girls.

Easter was on Sunday. Since this is a blog about books (hah, I know that it's not really about that these days) I wanted to share that I am loving the book of Luke in the Bible. My adorable husband and I have been reading a chapter a night. And I have grown up in church, but I feel like I'm hearing some of these stories for the first time. I love it! David and I read the passage in Luke about how Jesus went to have dinner with a Pharisee and a “sinful” woman came and washed his feet with her tears and hair and then used perfume. And Jesus said "I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown."

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday with our families. We went to brunch at my inlaws and dinner at my parents. I love our families so much I can't even explain it. They are too wonderful for words.

Look at this adorable cross cake (a 30 year tradition) my cute mother-in-law made:
 

And this is the precious Easter Bunny cake my mom made with me nephew. Could I have cuter moms? I don't think so!


And here are the delicious fad, cake pops, that Strasser Girl #1 made for our dad and Strasser Girl #4's Birthdays:


Needless to say after all those sugary pictures, I don't think I will be sleeping tonight and will be in desperate need of a sugar detox week. No more. I'm quitting cold turkey....right after I finish all the jelly beans in our Easter baskets.

And I can't get through one more post without a picture of the number 2 man in my life. He had a great weekend with his cousin Brooksie bear, but now he is exhausted!



Happy Easter blog friends, and Happy Spring. Here is a quote I started the weekend with that Strasser Girl #2 sent me on Friday morning.

Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone but in every leaf in springtime. –Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment