Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sheets

You all know I’ve been daydreaming and shopping around for ideas for Annabelle’s big girl room. I have a general idea of what it will be like. She has a full sized bed and a white quilt. Her room has a high vaulted ceiling and I am picturing it light and bright, and of course we have to use some “yellow” (Belle’s favorite word and color).

 

I feel like my first purchase needs to be some sheets. I can’t envision the paint color, bed skirt, or details without the sheets. You aren’t ever going to hear me say this again in my life, but I’m not thrilled with any of the Pottery Barn sheets right now. I don’t absolutely love any of them for her new room. I know – that sounds crazy.

 

I made a big mistake a few days ago and browsed Anthropologie sheets. Dumb, dumb, dumb because of course I am not buying my two year old $188 sheets! Or myself for that matter. I just thought I would get some inspiration. And believe me, I got it. I found three sets I am in love with, but since I don’t want to be a single mother of two since my husband would leave me (and rightfully so), I am on the search for something comparable.

 

Here are the Anthropologie ones I am obsessing over. I think this color is so beautiful for her room and would look great with some blues and yellows.


http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/home-bedding-sheets/30160014.jsp?color=085#/

 

My mother in law and I made a quick stop at Target last night with Annabelle to see if she would pick anything out. Let me tell ya, Belle is not fun to shop with these days! She wants out of the cart the whole time and after promising to hold my hand once out, of course the 19 month old went back on her promise and picked up the first doll she could find. Anyway, long story short, she didn’t care to pick out sheets. However, I did find some pretty sheets at a MUCH more reasonable price. I’m still not settled on these because they are a little bit more muted than I was envisioning, but for $40 I think I could fall in love and still keep my husband.



And I LOVE these from Pottery Barn Kids on sale for $53 even though I said I had trouble finding any I really loved. I think they might be a little too pink instead of coral or orange though.


 http://www.potterybarnkids.com/m/products/lara-sheeting-pink/?pkey=cbedding-sale&


 

No comments:

Post a Comment