Monday, July 7, 2014

Make Ahead Lasagna

Now that I am feeling better I have been trying to think ahead and cook more. I am so tired after work and so ready to eat when we get home that I don't have a lot of time to whip things up. I have been trying to make the meat portion of the meal ahead of time if I can. 

Like tonight we had taco pockets from a bean and meat mixture I had frozen from the last time we made this meal.

Tonight after we ate, David played with Belle for some one on one time and I started the meat mixture for tomorrow's lasagna. 

I sautéed onions and spinach and browned a pound of ground beef and threw it together.


Then I browned a pound of Italian sausage and put that in a bowl with a jar of tomato basil sauce. 



Then I threw it all together and put it in the fridge. Now tomorrow night I will just add the cottage cheese, ricotta, mozzarella, and noddles and throw it in the oven. 


This will actually make two lasagnas so I can freeze one! Bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment