Monday, February 17, 2014

Hands Free

I keep coming across some posts that I love, and it took me a while to realize they were from the same blog. Have you been reading the Hands Free Mama posts? I love it. She summarizes here, some of the things I've been thinking over the past few months: http://www.handsfreemama.com/about-hands-free/.

I really am enjoying catching up on her posts that I hadn't read yet. I especially love one titled Six Words You Should Say Today (http://www.handsfreemama.com/2012/04/16/six-words-you-should-say-today/).  

One thing I've been trying to do lately is to take more pictures with my camera, and less with my phone. I don't know why I feel the need to use my iPhone to capture and share pictures and videos of Annabelle. I haven't done the best job with this goal, because, let's face it, my daughter is the cutest and smartest and prettiest and sweetest baby girl in the world, and I need to share that with Instagram.

However, even though I try to download all of these videos and pictures to an account and save them on a flash drive, I forget most of the time. I feel like if I would instead capture these moments with my camera, I would do a better job of saving these where they should be saved and scrapbooking these to share with her. 

I also know that if I would stop using my phone for my camera, I would be less tempted to post and check Instagram while Annabelle was around. I have done a much better job lately, but I still have far to go. Come on, it only takes a second and I definitely need to know what my friend had for lunch right at that moment (please note the sarcasm).

So in an effort to be a little more "hands free" you might notice a slight decrease in Bo and Belle pictures for a while. I seem to stick with the goals that I proclaim on this blog. So here it goes. I will not use my phone when I'm with Annabelle - no checking Instagram, texting, or taking her picture with it - and I will use my camera to capture our moments together. Wish me luck!

1 comment: