Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

There has been a silly commercial on TV recapping this year in photos. Okay, I wish I could honestly say it's silly, but these post-pregnancy hormones are just crazy and I'm a mess every time it comes on. This year has been the most amazing year of our lives. I can't even explain the joy this year has brought to my life. I couldn't love my husband more. Our friends are the absolute best. And our families are amazing. And now, our tiny little one is here. I am completely overjoyed.

This morning, little Baby Bell got sick for the first time. I've had a lot of anxiety about her getting sick. I spend a lot of time praying that she stays healthy and strong. So this really tested me. And let me tell ya, I failed. I finished feeding Baby Bell and played with her for a little bit. About twenty minutes later I took her in to change her. I laid her down and she vomited all over. I was so scared. I called David. We called the doctor and they told us to watch her and call if she did it again. Well she relaxed and slept on me for a long time. So long actually, that we started to worry. I called the doctor back after four hours (4 hours! she has never slept that long and not eaten) and they wanted to see her. We bundled up on this snowy New Year's Eve and headed to the doctor. Little one woke right up during her exam and ate like a champ. It was perfect timing. They were able to listen to her stomach and evaluate her and she's perfectly fine. I don't know what made her get sick like that, but she's completely perfect. Plus, she's already gained a lot more weight! She weighs 10 pounds 5 ounces already! She is so perfect and wonderful.

Anyway, since she has had a rough day we are just snuggling in and celebrating the end of this perfect year and the excitement of 2013 together. Just me, David, Baby Bell, and Bobo.

Happy New Year Friends! May your 2013 be as blessed and wonderful as 2012 was!


No comments:

Post a Comment