Sunday, February 26, 2012

Almond Butter

One of my friends has been working hard on paying attention to the products she uses and eats. I think it's exciting and encouraging that she's finding new ways to be healthy and help her family to be healthy. Let's face it, there are certain things I am not willing to give up (cough, cough Taco Bell), but there are some easy changes that make a big difference. For instance, I eat a peanut butter sandwich every day of my life. My friend told me about almond butter that she makes at home - that way she knows what is going in it. So I tried it and besides being healthy, it is absolutely delicious. David and I are obsessed. Not that I will give up peanut butter, but we are incorporating almond butter in too because of the amazing benefits almonds have.

This recipe is just raw almonds and I added a pinch of salt and about a tablespoon of honey.

First you bake the almonds in the oven for about ten minutes. Then let them cool.



Then you put them in the food processor a handful at a time for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it all starts looking like peanut butter! I think I stopped the processor twice to scrape down the edges.



Ta-dah!


2 comments:

  1. yum! I have been wanting to try and make that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy and so good! use it on vegetables or i have been eating it on bread.

    ReplyDelete