Sunday, February 19, 2012

You Said I Do, and I Did Too

.


Today is our one year anniversary. One year since the day the best days of my life started. We spent the weekend celebrating. I can't imagine, and I've learned I can't even dream, of what is to come for us. This year has been amazing. More amazing than I would have dared to even hope for.

When David and I got married Sister #2 told me she heard a song about us. It was by Taylor Swift and she wrote a part of it on a frame and put a picture of us on our wedding day in it. It is beautiful and true. And I sing it to myself all the time.




A few years had gone and come around
We were sitting at our favorite spot in town
And you looked at me, got down on one knee




Take me back to the time when we walked down the aisle
Our whole town came and our mamas cried
You said I do and I did too
Take me home where we met so many years before
We'll rock our babies on that very front porch
After all this time, you and I

I'll be eighty-seven; you'll be eighty-nine
I'll still look at you like the stars that shine
In the sky, oh my my my... 



No comments:

Post a Comment