Friday, October 3, 2014

Black Bean and Quinoa Casserole

We tried this dinner last night and I have to say that it was pretty good. I think we will be adding it to the regular rotation when we want Mexican but something a little bit different.

 

I found the recipe here:http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1239857

 

I do have to say it took a tiny bit of prep for a week night dinner – next time I will probably wait until a weekend so I can start the prep early.



 

I really love quinoa so I added more than a cup. I think the only variation I will do next time is to use something a little more spicy than the medium salsa I used. Or maybe add more? I forgot to take a picture of it when it came out of the oven- but here's before.



I served this with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and my homemade guacamole.

 


For guacamole I do two ripe avocados, some chopped onion, chopped garlic, chopped tomato, and a splash of lemon juice. I actually prefer lime but didn’t have one. Annabelle loves guacamole. We give her one chip and she pretty much uses the chip as a spoon.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment