Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Baby

Annabelle was born a winter baby in the middle of one of the worst flu seasons in years. She was also born with a fever that made the doctors take her away from me in the middle of the night and have an IV put in to start antibiotics. 



All of this made me a constant nervous Nancy. (As if I needed any reasons to start with.) Every one that came to visit my baby was stopped at the door with hand sanitizer shoved in their face. Have I mentioned that I have the best friends and family. Bless their hearts for putting up with me.

Anyway, I figured one day, about eight weeks after Annabelle was born that she hadn't really ever been outside. We loaded her in her carseat completely covered in blankets and took her straight to the car in the garage and then were dropped at the door wherever we were and rushed straight in. I washed her carseat cover twice a week. 

One day that she was fussy I decided to get over myself a little and step on the porch with her (willing away any germs and viruses that were out there just ready to attack my tiny sweetheart). Annabelle immediately stopped fussing and just looked around and relaxed. 



Since that day we have tried to spend every possible minute outside with her. We are summer girls for sure. Today we woke up and had breakfast on the deck. Then after her nap we swam and had strawberries for a snack. I think she loves everything about being outside and summer.


David announced today that this might be our last week of real summer since Labor Day is this weekend. I plan to soak up every last minute of it! 

Look at this sweaty, sunscreened, strawberry faced beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment