Thursday, June 27, 2013

Yummy Squash

This morning I made homemade squash for Baby Belle during her first nap.

It was easy and smelled so good. I stole a few bites (before I added the breast milk of course).



I started with this beauty and cut it in half length-wise.



Then I scopped out the seeds and pulpy stuff with a cookie scoop and put it in a glass dish with about an inch of water. Then put it in the oven on 400 for 40 minutes.



Once it looked like this, I used the cookie scoop again to scoop it into my bullet. I added an ounce of breast milk and pureed it.

Voila!


I can't wait for her to give this yummy food a try. This week she started plums so I will need to wait a couple of days to introduce this.

Annabelle eats so many different foods now. I love trying new ones. Here's her list so far:

Apples
Bananas
Pears
Peaches
Plums

Sweet potatoes
Peas
Carrots
Green beans (but we only tried this once and I think it hurt her stomach a little so I am waiting a few more weeks to try again).

Rice
Oatmeal

I have the cutest video from this morning of her eating her breakfast. She says "mmmm" and wiggles after each bite. And in this video, she sneezed all over. I love that I caught it on tape, but I'm not sure how to upload it here. You will just have to take my word for it. She's so precious!



No comments:

Post a Comment