Wednesday, June 12, 2013

With the Pool Comes Pests

I have been debating what to do about bugs and Belle. I have not wanted to put any repellent on her of course, but the bugs drive me crazy!




We live outside from the minute we get home from work until it is bed time. And I absolutely love summer, but I despise the bugs anywhere near Bella Bear. What do you all do for bug sprays or repellents?

I found this DIY recipe from the Wellness Mama blog (wellnessmama.com) I'm thinking this might be worth trying.

Wellness Mama Bug Spray Ingredients:
- Essential oils: choose from Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Cedar, Catnip, Lavender, Mint
- Natural Witch Hazel
- Distilled or boiled Water Vegetable glycerin (optional)

How to Make Homemade Bug Spray: Fill spray bottle (I used 8 ounce) 1/2 full with distilled or boiled water. Add witch hazel to fill almost to the top. Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin if using. Add 30-50 drops of essential oils to desired scent. The more oils you use, the stronger the spray will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment