Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Deck Days

David and I have always tried to spend as much time as possible outside. We love docks, decks, porches, water, and anything that goes with those things. I'm thrilled to say that Annabelle loves being outside and in water as much as we do. We've spent every possible minute with her outside. She sits in her stroller to watch us play basketball, or sits on our back deck with us for dinner, or splashes in the pool, or anything else we can think of.

The other night we sat on the deck and had drinks and just played with her. David snapped a ton of pictures of Belle and I, and I just realized we were both in some 4th of July gear!

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. I love our country so much and I get so sentimental this time of year. I know it is an understatement to say I'm proud to be an American, but it's true. I am so thankful for each and every one of our soldiers who have protected our freedom - and their beautiful families who have supported them in doing so.

Today, I'm sitting at work - negotiating away - and listening to "4th of July tracks" on Pandora. It is so encouraging. And I love that this year I get to celebrate with Annabelle. We will try to tell her from an early age that Independence Day is so much more than swimming, cook outs, and fireworks. Although it's all those things too :)

Here are some fun photos from our accidental 4th of July photo shoot. I love this silly girl so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment