Sunday, January 6, 2013

One Month Old!

Sweet Baby Belle is already one month old today. We can't get enough of this little (big) girl. She is so much fun every single day. She is already settling in to somewhat of a schedule. She is eating and sleeping wonderfully. I could complain about a few fussy times or the lack of sleep, but it's impossible to do when I look at this tiny blessing. She is the very best thing ever! And really, since I've cut dairy, she's rarely fussy at all and has only cried a few times. This makes me feel really bad about the times she did cry because I know it was because her stomach was hurting her.

Right now she really loves to be held and look up at you and to talk. I ramble on and every once in a while she coos or "talks" back to me. I love her wake time so much. She also loves to be read to. We take turns reading to her and she really seems to look at the pictures. She also loves bath time. She loves the warm water and really relaxes.

She takes at least one nap a day in her crib and one on us :) I try to only hold her for one nap a day because I don't want her to get used to having to use one of us to get to sleep, but it's so hard. She is absolutely precious and snuggly. She has been napping anywhere between 35 minutes and 1 1/2 hours at a time. Every once in a while she makes it to two hours. And at night she has been amazing! She will usually give me at least one 3 hour block of sleep throughout the night, if not more!

And she loves to eat! She has taken a bottle a couple of times. The first one David gave her and it was special for him to get to be with her. I try to let him do that once a day. And the other day one of my BFFs gave her her bottle and this really set my mind at ease. This particular friend is the one that will be watching her every day when I go back to work. This friend is a true angel and a blessing to our family. I have no worries about leaving little Belle with her. It's such a comfort that she will be loving her and taking care of her all day, and now I know Belle won't struggle to eat while I'm gone.

She is a healthy, chunky little angel. I can't believe she's already a month old. If every month is this wonderful, I can't even imagine a more joyful life.


No comments:

Post a Comment