Sunday, October 16, 2011

13.1 Miles!

We did it! And we did it quicker than we thought we could. We trained at a ten minute mile pace and ended with a 9 minute, 33 second average! This might not sound all that fast to you, but to me it's a huge accomplishment! We finished all 13.1 miles without walking, in 2 hours and 5 minutes. It was so much fun.

And along the way we saw a sign that said "Keep running because you can." And I thanked God that I could and then I did.

It was a beautiful day. I felt blessed and thankful for all of the beautiful mornings my friend Molly and I spent training together, the beautiful weather, our loving husbands who were there cheering the loudest, for my physical capabilities, and for all of the loving messages and phone calls we have had. This run was one of my favorite accomplishments and memories.

Before

During. This is the home stretch. Last block!


After

And after again. Isn't he too cute?

2 comments:

  1. I am dying to do my first race. I have not been out in so long because of the stupid heat here...but the weather is changing and I am itching to start running again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! Let me know when you start back up! I will encourage you. This was my first half marathon and I was so nervous, but it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete